Termed `Madhumeha‘ in Ayurveda, its incidence is higher amongst the older and the obese. Originating from an absolute or relative lack of insulin, it gives way to abnormalities in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fat in the body. Characterised by abnormally high levels of blood glucose and its subsequent excretion through urine.
- Constant feeling of hunger and thirst.
- Weight loss
- Quick exhaustion. Drowsiness. Low sexual urge.
- Possible anaemia, constipation, itching around genital organs, palpitation.
- Slow healing of wounds.
- Overeating and consequent obesity
- Excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates
- Overloading of proteins and fats which get converted into sugar if taken in excess.
- Excessive tension, worry, anxiety & grief
- Hereditary factors
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Karela (Momordica charantia)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Madhumehari Granules
- Shilajit Tablets
- Karela Tablets
- Avoid sugar in any form-rice, potato, banana, cereals & fruits containing high percentage of sugar content.
- Do away with fatty stuff.
- Go for the following low-calorie, low-fat alkaline diet of high quality natural foods.
- Seeds: Paslane seeds .Seeds of bitter
gourd & Fenugreek
- Vegetables: Bitter Gourd, string beans, cucumber, onion, garlic
- Fruits: Indian Gooseberry, Jambul Fruit, Grape Fruit.
- Grains: Bengal gram, black gram.
- Dairy Products: Home-made cottage cheese and various forms of soured milk such as curd and butter milk.
- Emphasis should be on raw vegetables & herbs as they play a part in stimulating the pancreas and enhancing insulin production.
- Lifestyle: Don’t indulge in day-time sleep.
- Should take care not to injure yourself as you take time to heal. As a result, there is a possibility of the wound becoming septic.
- Should take adequate eye care as the disease in serious condition might affect the eye.
- If you are afflicted by any other disease, you should take prompt actions since you lack resistance.
- Foot care.
- A must for you
- Apart from Yoga daily some exercise must be done like cycling, swimming, jogging